Southern Industrial Constructors (SIC) has performed various projects on an as-needed basis at this automotive parts manufacturing plant, installing 80 percent of all facility equipment currently in production. We have provided mechanical and rigging millwrighting services for the client for more than two decades, on projects ranging in length from two months to three years.
As a services provider for the automotive industry, the client needed to establish three additional assembly lines and conveyor systems to meet production demands for new projects.
SIC’s services have included:
- Customer-provided weld cell installation
- Equipment installation
- Utility services
- Robotic welding machinery
- Relocation of automotive welding robots from Tottenham, Ontario to Rome, GA
- Rigging, piping, and electrical services
- General plant maintenance
- Miscellaneous wiring for a plant expansion
- Material handling installation
- Modifications required for mass production
The client currently provides services for the automotive industry, including front suspension and door assemblies.