Southern Industrial Constructors (SIC) installed 95 percent of the equipment and associated utilities at this greenfield tire production plant.
Over the course of this two-year project, SIC provided as many as 200 onsite laborers at a time to provide equipment, steel, and piping installation, as well as electrical instrumentation and controls engineering.
The client sought to build a new tire production facility on a greenfield site.
SIC’s scope of work encompassed the facility’s creel room, as well as its extrusion, ply, tire building, curing, and testing processes.
- Equipment rigging, setting, and millwrighting
- Main power distribution
- Electrical equipment installation
- Instrumentation and controls
- Process mechanical
- Miscellaneous steel
- Logistics and equipment staging management
- Rough and final equipment setting
The client is a tire manufacturing company.