Southern Industrial Constructors (SIC) self-performed structural steel erection and installed piping, equipment, electrical systems, and instrumentation for this complex chemical plant built to ASME B31.3 codes. Leveraging our extensive experience at chemical plants, we completed the project on-schedule and within budget.
The client required plant start-up within six weeks of contract award and also expected high standards of quality control. SIC was selected because of our reputation for completing projects on cost, on schedule, and with stringent safety protocols.
The installation scope of work included:
- 450-ton main process tower structural steel
- All pipe rack steel throughout the facility
- Process equipment, including:
- Tank farm storage vessels
- Distillation tower (including internals)
- Three large evaporators
- Other equipment in process tower, cooling tower, hot oil heater, and firewater pumphouse
The piping portion of the project featured:
- Approximately 7,000 linear feet of double-walled stainless-steel pipe
- Over 33,000 linear feet of carbon-steel and stainless-steel-spooled pipework
- Over 6,000 linear feet of field run utility pipe
Lastly, we also supplied and installed the following systems:
- A steam trace and jacketed pipe system
- Instruments, instrument tubing, and capillary systems
- Owner-furnished motor control center room and control panels
This chemical client produces food additives (sterols) by extracting source chemicals from wood processing facilities such as pulp and paper plants.