Seeking a strong partnership for the project, the client selected Southern Industrial Constructors (SIC) to help develop a two-phased plan on an expeditious 12-month schedule. SIC partook in aggressive contract negotiations and preconstruction planning. Instead of taking a hands-off approach, the client was willing to collaborate and meet with Tier I and Tier II partners.
We supported general services with intensive labor mobilization to prepare the site for construction activities. For Phase I “Fix,” we provided around-the-clock, double-shift labor. Phase II consisted of five-day, 50-hour work weeks.
The client sought to meet their customers’ needs for hemophilia and Duchene muscular dystrophy treatment by expanding their state-of-the-art gene therapy treatment facility.
SIC’s scope included:
- Mobile crane services for material handling and logistics support
- Process equipment offloading and staging
- Rigging and millwright services
- Design-assist, fabrication, and erection of:
- Interstitial steel
- Rooftop platforms
- Form and placing of:
- Structural concrete and foundations for biowaste and process waste pits
- Slab and grade for lab and production areas
The client is an industry leader in pharmaceutical research and production.