Southern Industrial Constructors (SIC) served as the client’s primary on-site crane and rigging partner. SIC provided daily logistics support, common crane utilization, and process equipment and platform installation.
Leveraging both our experience as a major subcontractor in the pharmaceutical industry and our familiarity with the region, we delivered seamless equipment installation and provided support to the owner’s international system of integrated stakeholders. Due to the pandemic, the client relied on SIC and other project partners to manage construction activities virtually.
Thanks in part to SIC’s work, the client doubled their fill-and-finish capacity in a relatively short period of time. With this increase in regional capabilities, the client enhanced their ability to supply products for patients nationwide.
In order to expand production capacity in the southeastern United States, the client acquired a facility in Wilson, NC that came equipped with fill-and-finish capabilities as well as land available for future expansion.
Scope of work included:
- Mobile crane services for material handling and logistics support
- Process equipment offloading and staging
- Rigging and millwright services
- Equipment installation support for electrical instruments and controls, HVAC, and high-purity mechanical partners
- Daily interface with international original equipment manufacturers and system providers
- Additional assistance to construction and vendor representatives as needed
- One 40,000-pound water-for-injection (WFI) tank, align, and anchor
- Five 40,000-pound auto claves into a five-foot pit using 200-ton gantries
- 50 second-floor air handler units
- Two 60,000-pound boilers
- Two 50,000-pound chillers
- Five switch board lineups
- Two air compressors
- Two washers and dryers
- 14 formulation and mixing tanks, build, and assemble platforms with top head assemblies
- Two WFI stills
- Two big bag equipment lineups
- Two mixing bay lineups
- Multiple conveyor lines laid out and set
This pharmaceutical client is an international supplier of essential drugs, clinical nutrition products, and medical devices.